I’m often asked by women suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) what they can do to help reduce their PCOS signs and symptoms, to lose weight, to boost their fertility, and to lead a healthier life… and if it’s possible to do this naturally (in actual fact, natural is best!)?
Below are 18 easy-to-implement PCOS success tips. Some you can implement today, even right now. Some require a little bit of research or organisation. Most are quite easy.
Pick one, and implement it today.
PCOS Success Tips For Increased Weight Loss, Improved Fertility, A Healthier Life:
1. Eat smaller, frequent meals.
2. Include lots of fresh vegetables and fruits.
3. Replace simple carbohydrates with complex carbohydrates.
4. Buy and eat organic food whenever possible.
5. Follow a low glycaemic load (GL) food plan.
6. Include a great deal of salad. Eating salad at the start of your meal will help you feel full, increase the amount of nutrients you eat, and they taste great too.
7. Eat meals comprising protein, carbohydrates and healthy fat as this helps reduce Insulin Resistance.
8. Have 20 – 50 grams of fibre each day to fight insulin resistance. Sources include unsweetened coconut, flaxseeds, chia seeds, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, gluten-free whole grains, apples and dark leafy greens.
9. Include protein: free-range eggs, nuts, fish and, less frequently, lean organic poultry and meat.
10. Use extra virgin cold pressed olive oil for cooking; flax oil, coconut oil or extra virgin cold pressed olive oil for salads.
11. Add some apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar or lemon juice for extra taste.
12. Take the required supplements daily.
13. If eating grains, choose gluten-free whole grains.
14. Add herbs and spices like curcumin (turmeric) and cinnamon to your food plan.
15. Add non-starchy vegetables, either raw or steamed.
16. Develop the habit of reading labels on food products you purchase.
17. Include plant sterols (and not in the form of well-marketed kinds of margarine). For those with an imbalance in their cholesterol levels (dyslipidemia), plant sterols can help balance these levels.
18. Drink a minimum of two litres of pure water daily.
You’ll be amazed at what a difference these simple changes can make!
Until next time,
P.S. Please feel free to share this post (email, social media). This is important information and really does make a positive, potentially life-changing, impact.