Dance With PCOS? Absolutely! Why?
Because it’s so good for you! (There’s a fun video tutorial just down the page a little!) PCOS and exercise must go together, so why not make it fun?
As Better Health says:
“Dancing can be a way to stay fit for people of all ages, shapes, and sizes. It has a wide range of physical and mental benefits including:
- Improved condition of your heart and lungs
- Increased muscular strength, endurance and motor fitness
- Increased aerobic fitness
- Improved muscle tone and strength
- Weight management
- Stronger bones and reduced risk of osteoporosis
- Better coordination, agility , nd flexibility
- Improved balance and spatial awareness
- Increased physical confidence
- Improved mental functioning
- Improved general and psychological wellbeing
- Greater self-confidence and self-esteem
- Better social skills”
And Hip Hop is (apparently :)) so much fun, and the simple moves are easy-to-learn, I asked Stomping Ground to create a dance with PCOS tutorial for you to enjoy.
Here it is:[arve url=”https://youtu.be/6WPujIDKHG4″ /]
Remember that while the heaviness and pain of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can be a struggle, there are things you can do – dance for example – that can bring you back into your body and mind and help you let go of the stress.
Enjoy and feel free to share this!
From PCOS to perfect health, with love,