Are there toxins in your environment, your food and yourself that are contributing to your Polycystic Ovary Syndrome?
Toxins are everywhere in our modern day lives. In fact, even the polar bears live in an environment which has been shown to harbour toxic material.
Luckily, there are many steps you can take to significantly reduce the toxins around you. These easy 11 steps are an excerpt from my book Conquer Your PCOS Naturally.
1. Eat only certified organic fruits, vegetables, meats and gluten-free grains. Where appropriate, wash the raw produce before you cook or eat it. And consider a detox including these foods.
2. Focus on consuming real foods. Most packaged and processed foods are not only not health-promoting, they also place additional stress on your body and use up valuable nutrients you need for health in the removal of their toxins.
3. Use only natural personal hygiene and cleaning products. Look out for these chemicals in the personal care products and cosmetics you use, and avoid them: benzophenone-3, homosalate, 4-methyl-benzylidene camphor (4-MBC), octyl-methoxycinnamate and octyl-dimethyl-PABA.
Look for great companies that focus on ethical ingredients. There are a growing number of natural and safe companies supplying these products now.
4. Eat foods high in fibre and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, sprouts and cauliflower. This PCOS diet provides you with health-promoting nutrients. They also help to combat the impact of xenoestrogens, and assist in detoxifying your body.
5. Choose chlorine-free and unbleached paper products.
6. Avoid using plastic containers for heating or storing products and for storing drinking water. Use glass containers instead.
7. Avoid inhaling noxious gases from copiers, printers, carpets, fibre boards, cars, perfumes, household sprays and gas pumps.
8. Use condoms without spermicides for birth control.
9. Stay away from perfumes, nail paints and nail polish removers
10. Be wary of medications, limit alcohol, avoid drugs and stop smoking.
11. See your Chiropractor regularly to ensure the neurological input to your brain is not toxic (nociception).
These steps can make a real and positive difference to your Polycystic Ovary Syndrome!
From PCOS to perfect health, with love,
Dr. Rebecca Harwin
The PCOS Expert
Chiropractor & Bestselling Author of
Conquer Your PCOS Naturally
P.S. Feel free to print this poster out, Healthy-Home-Tips-Poster. It will help you know what to do and what to avoid to have a healthier, PCOS friendly home.
Leave a Reply