Are struggling with problems with your digestive tract? Gut problems and PCOS occur incredibly commonly together. The symptoms can include pain, bloating, windiness, constipation, diarrhoea, IBS, to name just a few.
Millions of people (including those without PCOS too) around the world are struggling – from symptoms such as discomfort, through to those that are incredibly embarrassing, and even disabling, are common.
A healthier ‘gut’ is important for many reasons. Your gut breaks down and absorbs nutrients, prevents toxins entering your body, and removes unwanted, toxic waste. It forms a major part of your immune system, helps to maintain hormonal balance, and interestingly can help you to lose weight.
These gut-friendly tips may help reduce gut problems and PCOS
- Avoid gluten for a time. Test if this helps. Gluten is a known gut irritant, and I have seen incredible positive health changes from just changing this one thing.
- Drink 8 glasses of water per day. A hydrated gut is a healthier gut.
- Exercise regularly. The motion helps to move things along, so to speak, and helps your gut to work better.
- Supplement with high-quality magnesium, a pre and probiotics and apple cider vinegar.
- Reduce or eliminate processed foods, particularly high sugar foods. These foods cause much harm, and can also increase the ‘bad gut bugs’ like candida (which cause thrush).
- Increase your vegetables, fresh fruit and salads. The fibre and the nutrients are great for not only your gut, but your health in general.
- Learn to relax. A stressed gut can’t do it’s job properly.
- Receive Chiropractic care. One study showed 26% of people receiving regular Chiropractic care noticed a significant improvement in their gut function (even if this is not why they received care).
For many of my patients, implementing even 1 or 2 of these tips can make a positive change to their gut health resulting in a reduction, even elimination, of gut symptoms.
From PCOS to perfect health, with love,
Dr. Rebecca Harwin
The PCOS Expert
Chiropractor & Bestselling Author of
Conquer Your PCOS Naturally
P.S. For more success strategies and scientific secrets, head to our Facebook page and hit ‘like’. There is so much more I have to share with you to balance your PCOS hormones!
Leave a Reply